Thursday, July 14, 2011

Nail Polishes and Other Stuff

Hi!!!

Today has been a slow day for me. More than having the time to, I had the desire to go to Walgreen's and look around for Wet n Wild nail polishes. I did not own any WnW polishes until now, but I have heard wonderful things about this brand.
Hoy ha sido un día poco acontecedor para mí. Más que haber tenido el tiempo, hoy tuve todas las ganas de ir a Walgreen's e inspeccionar los esmaltes de Wet n Wild. Hasta el día de hoy, no tenía ningún esmalte de WnW, pero he escuchado cosas muy buenas sobre esta marca.

The nail polishes I bought are from 2 different lines. The first polishes I picked are from the the Wild Shine line  in the colors Black Créme and Hallucinate. The first one is a plain black polish, while the second one is a glittery and beautiful polish. I intended to get the white polish but they did not have it. The black polish I will use for my Konad stamping and the glittery, just for anything ($0.99 each).
Los esmaltes que compré son de dos líneas diferentes. Los primeros que escogí son de la línea Wild Shine y son los colores Black Créme y Hallucinate. El primero es un esmalte negro nada fuera de lo común, mientras que el segundo es un esmalte con demasiada brillantina. Mi intensión era comprar el esmalte blanco, pero no lo tenían. Quiero utilizar el esmalte negro para mis sellos de Konad y el de brillantina... para muchas cosas ($0.99 cada uno).

After making my first 2 choices, I saw the WnW fastdry nail color line and I got really excited about some of the colors. After picking some shades, I noticed this deal:
Después de mis 2 primeras elecciones,  ví los esmaltes WnW fastdry nail color y me gustaron varios colores. Después de eso, me dí cuenta de ésta oferta:
Why was this a deal? Well, each of the nail polishes from the fastdry line is $1.99 and with the packs, I got a nail polish and a top coat for the price of one! It was even more exciting when I realized that the 2 polishes I liked were in a combo pack :)
Por qué fue una oferta? Bueno, cada uno de los esmaltes de la línea fastdry cuesta $1.99 y en éstos dúos viene un esmalte además de un protector por el precio de uno! Me gustó aún más cuando me fijé que noté que los 2 colores que me habían gustado venían en dúo :)

The shades I picked are Buffy the Violet Slayer (funny, huh?) and Gray's Anatomy (nope, I do not watch the series). I loved all the names, very playful!
 Los colores que elegí son Buffy the Violet Slayer (sí, como Buffy la Cazavampiros, en este caso, Cazavioletas) y Gray's Anatomy (no, no veo esa serie). Me gustaron mucho los nombres de ésta línea, demasiado ocurrentes!
 

I also stopped by Sally Beauty Supply to get some hair stuff I needed. Of course I went to the nail section! I was tempted to get some Finger Paints polishes because they had a promo, get 3 for the price of 2. None of the colors jumped at me, so I just skipped that section. Then, over at the China Glaze stand, they had a promo where you have to buy 3 polishes and you get some other brand's drying drops free, I also skipped that... Those deals tend to be a bit tricky. However, I did buy some other nail stuff.
También fui a Sally Beauty Supply para comprar ciertas cosas para mi cabello. Claro, tuve que pasar a la sección de uñas! Tuve la tentación de comprar unos esmaltes de Finger Paints porque estaba una promoción de comprar 3 al precio de 2. Ninguno de los esmaltes me llamó la atención, así que seguí viendo otras cosas. En la sección de China Glaze también estaba una promoción de comprar 3 esmaltes y llevarse gratis unas gotas de secado de esmalte de otra marca, cosa que también evité... No me parecieron ofertas para aprovechar. Sin embargo si compré otras cosas para las uñas.

I bought this nail strengthener called Rock Hard. It claims to be 5x stronger than any other hardener. It is 14mL and it costs $5.49. I will review it when I try it.
Compré un endurecedor llamado Rock Hard. Se dice que es 5 veces más fuerte que cualquier otro. Contiene 14mL y me costó $5.49. Una vez que lo haya probado daré mi opinión al respecto.

I also bought the Ultra Birchwood Stick for $0.69. It is just a giant wood stick. Notice the size compared to a regular pen.
También compré el Ultra Birchwood Stick por $0.69. Es un palito de un tamaño no tan pequeño. He aquí la comparación con un lapicero regular.

This was too much. 
Ésto fue mucho.

-Carol
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!/Gracias por visitar!