Sunday, November 4, 2012

Week 45: Tribal Manicure

Hello :)
I am just in time for this week's mani, finally!
I have been quite busy with life, tests, lab practicums, etc... I have a couple of posts to share with you. One is the prize I got from winning October's Sassy Saturday on Facebook over at Shelly's Sassy Nails page. The other one is my prize from Jordana for being runner up for their Halloween contest. SO FRIGGIN' EXCITED!!!!
This manicure is a tribal design that I DID NOT think of myself. I got the general idea from ProfessionalDQ's Tribal Owl Nails tutorial. Go subscribe to her insanely mental channel, you won't regret it. So, let me tell you a little story of how this manicure came about. My intention was to recreate her manicure, just using blue instead of pink. I was Skyping with my boyfriend and it was turning out okay... A little sloppy but just fine. I did the owl and I showed him; he said, "Is that a bear? Because if it isn't, it looks like one". *Facepalm, big fail, get the acetone now*. I did it without the owl and I used only one pattern. Please take into consideration that I am not that great with stripes and fine brushes.
I used Kleancolor Pastel Blue and a coat of Chunky Holo Blue Bell over it. The rest are just acrylic paints. I hope you like this and go check out Professional DQ!
 
 
 

Pin It

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting!/Gracias por visitar!